Is is possible to repair

Tony:

Give me a shout with your new address if you can't sort them.

I've got a nice pair sat on a bike not being used, so I'll send them down to you.

I use H.O.s for riding so no use for them other than show, which is a little pointless if you actually use them...

BB.

Hi,

Two weeks ago i had to repair my left one, after disassembling the pedal completely and comparing to the right one, i saw that the spring (located in the outer edge, inside the pedal) was slightly more open, and it will loosen and detach from the secure hole, when you try to attach your foot on, or rotate the clip by hand...

So with the help of 2 pliers i made it. But not without stripping a piece of meat from my fingers... i did it at home without proper tools, and it took me to 2 days to repair it to the point that now it is even better than the right pedal. Maybe next time i have to open them to lube i check the right one.

I recommend securing the spring in a vise so you will not hurt yourself! and then with the help of a very good set of pliers closing the spring a bit by twisting the extremity of the spring in a spiral way. After some trial and error it is possible.

The difficult part is securing the spring so you can work on it.

Good luck!

Regards

BB have pm you. I may still repair this pair. Sounds like fun 'poncho'

tintin40":2veuo0pp said:
Sounds like fun 'poncho'

Yes it was!

Specially the part when you grease the balls (the ones located on the cranks side) then you cant see them while you assemble the pedal, and get out of the track. They are alive as soon as you grease!

I had to use a wood tooth pic to show them the way :D

EDIT: Sorry, the balls that i was talking are the ones located on the outer side of the pedal where is the lock nut adjustment.
The other ones keep still inside the pedal when you remove the axle, if you grease them they will keep in place without problems.

The spring is Nº 5.

From here: http://bernd.sluka.de/Fahrrad/Shimano/TM/
PD-M636_1997.gif

Back