Lost my Retro Mojo.........

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:( :( :( :( :(

Its happened. I have lost my retro mojo. I was enjoying all the good old stuff but have fallen into road riding more, I know look at my old stuff and wonder if I will ever get it done.

I have a complete 91 cro-mega that just needs grey paint and building, an old unknown frame with forks that would make a great hack, an old Fox, and a Clockwork.

What do I do, I'm considering selling it all and starting again.....is this the right thing?

:facepalm:

Is there ever a right thing to do ??

If selling them (and getting a decent price for them helps) you decide what you want to do/ride then that cant be a bad idea as long as you don't regret selling a 'unique' bike.

I know how you feel, I have crossed over from MTB to the DARK SIDE (road biking :) )

I have a few build on the go, I find that when I have too many I get a little bored, lacking in motivation and a little lazy :oops:

I find myself forgetting its about riding bikes :p

maverick":1yggvui9 said:
:( :( :( :( :(

Its happened. I have lost my retro mojo. I was enjoying all the good old stuff but have fallen into road riding more, I know look at my old stuff and wonder if I will ever get it done.

I have a complete 91 cro-mega that just needs grey paint and building, an old unknown frame with forks that would make a great hack, an old Fox, and a Clockwork.

What do I do, I'm considering selling it all and starting again.....is this the right thing?

:facepalm:

Ok this isnt good.... :facepalm:

What to do.... :idea:

Went through similar myself (delete road bike and add modern MTB) a while back. Got rid of nearly all my retro stuff and decided I'd wait until something I reeeaaaallly wanted showed up. Luckily I recently picked up a very tasty (in my eyes) retro bike so have got my retro mojo back a bit. Don't have much desire to do a build any time soon though.

Don't do anything until autumn / winter arrives.

Believe me, road riding in the freezing cold and wet is not much fun and a nice bash around the local woods and trails on a trusty mtb becomes a very appealing prospect.

Oddly, since the weather has turned dry and hot, I have spent far more time on my mtb's than my road bikes.... just perverse I guess. :roll:

this is why I wont go near modern bikes (well my marin is sort of modern at 2000). Nothing wrong with both. Im going to be doing a lot more road riding now as the bike will be my only transport, but with trails all around the area its difficult to not take the mountain bike for a spin.

its all about keeping a good balance between road riding and mountain biking. that way you can enjoy both.

of course if I ever feel like Im getting bored I just buy a new bike :LOL:

I've experienced the odd lull in interest from time to time......I put things down for a while, ride modern for a bit, avoid eBay, and it naturally returns eventually.......it's quite an intense hobby at times, and I find owning lots of bikes quite time intensive, especially as I'm self employed, and my kids generally take up any spare time too.......take a step back and breath a bit, it will return when you feel like it....... :D

Don't sell stuff to quickly either, so long as storage doesn't encroach upon your general life push it aside and wait for your mojo to return....

I used to have a half dozen old VWs. One day I realised I was neglecting my relationship with the amount of time I was spending on them. I sold up, bought a modern car and have never looked back.

Bikes are a different matter, you can strip and build a bike in a couple of hours.

No real difference if it is modern or old.

No need to feel bad about giving up on old bikes, do what you feel is good for you.

It is not as if you can't just pick some up again if you ever get the urge.

Back