Could I benefit from a few extra inches?

fluroforks

Retro Guru
I've had an RC200 for many years after it found its way into my garage with a load of other parts I bought. At the time i wasnt worried about the size but I built it up anyway just because I liked the look of it. It has a 16.5 seat tube and a 22 inch top tube. I am 5'11.

I'm not uncomfortable on it and the reach is probably about right for me but I wondered if anyone here thought I could benefit from something bigger.

18.5 would be more like it for your height. That's said if you already have it I wouldn't worry, just ride it. Long seat posts and stems can sort out some fit issues but there's no substitute for a correct starting point.
What prompted the question in the first place? Something must bug you about it.

Nothing bugs me about it at all, I love it. I just noticed that some people are very picky about frame sizes when buying bikes and being as I am considering culling some of the herd I wondered if I could benefit by moving this on and building something with a more appropriately sized frame. I suppose it does feel a little bit like riding a BMX but that just adds to the fun for me.

It looks like this ones staying with me then, I should have asked the question - how in gods name do you choose which bikes to sell?

fluroforks":kx8s1go2 said:
It looks like this ones staying with me then, I should have asked the question - how in gods name do you choose which bikes to sell?

for me he answer is easy. never sell anything!

I remember seeing a bike-courier BiTD, typical pony-tail, surf shorts and skate shoes, riding a tiny framed green Cindercone with a sky scraper of a seat post and a tiller of a stem...

...I've liked the look ever since! :cool:

small frames are lighter!! just get a long tt! i've always liked the look of a small frame. i think it comes down to what bike you liked when first getting in to mtb's.

Back