How to repair moderate saddle scuffs?

digitalkreation

Retro Guru
Hi all,

Found a decent saddle for one of my builds. It has some moderate scuffing (decent sized area, but not deep) and I'm wondering what your thoughts are in repairing or minimizing the look of these?

My own intuition says some black shoe polish, but I'd like something that won't rub off on my rear-end during rides, and something that won't hurt the saddle in the long run.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• 3Ed3G93K35K65q35Mdd6d2211fbd97fee1c14.jpg
    3Ed3G93K35K65q35Mdd6d2211fbd97fee1c14.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 789
  • 3rf3s83q35s95qa5J5d6dda36a57873961a51.jpg
    3rf3s83q35s95qa5J5d6dda36a57873961a51.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 789
I had my yellow turbo restored from very scruffy condition, to like new. It wasn't cheap at £75, however it was excellent value. I used North Notts Furniture Clinic, take a look at Page 4 of my Raleigh Banana Dave Rayner build thread...

Maybe check out a classic car restoration mag , there are loads of dye kits available , try ebay too :D

Cheers Paul.

Surely a good enough job can be done by 'Dubbing' and polishing with boot polish. I Preserve my general issue British army boots by rubbing in boot polish and leaving to dry. Put plenty of polish on a cloth and just rub in with gentle pressure. I have had them for years and they have served me well during shooting outings. If it's a genuine leather seat the leather will take the polish easily.

As a side note I have until recently been a motorbike dude, for years I have applied olive oil to my full and quite expensive bike leathers, the olive oil does a great job of preserving them and even helps with waterproofing.

Regards

Trebz

2000 grit wet and dry, clean, leather dye, finish with dubbin or boot polish.

Citrix, Selle Italia are once more manufacturing the Turbo, £29.99 to £49.99 depending on the colour.

Back