lotus mtb - help

beeds

Dirt Disciple
hi all - need some help with my wifes lotus lx alloy mtb . I got the frame & fork from the factory in newtown wales when it shut down but I cant remember what year ( thinking 95 -2000 ) .As my wife never uses it its like new & im trying to get it up to original speck .
its a lx alloy model with black forks ,frame is british racing green with silver rear .ive been looking on the net for any info about lotus bikes but nothing with any product info .ive built it up with my choice of components but I know its not as original .would be great if anyone had info on the year & speck build or photos . thanks all

I'm sure one has been on before. Of course they Specification is Deore LX, probably the black stuff circa 1993/4/5.
Though I thought lx was a dark blue frame. Black was the xt one. Same frame just different front triangle colour.

Search the forum for British Eagle and Lotus. British Eagle made the bikes ( BOSS era)

I thought the blue frame was STX, green was LX, Maroon was XT and black was XTR. Racer X had a really gorgeous black one which he'd built with M900 XTR but I can't find any pics of it :cry: So here's a pic of my maroon one with XT all over it :D

The catalogue pictures are now gone from the forum :(
Went before I could put them in the Archive.

but a few links

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207129

LX this year ('93 ?) was British Racing green (say's LX on the top tube). Though not sure about his top models for that year as an XTR one should be there.
http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/to ... m-the-90s/

Maybe in 1994 when DX was removed and STX introduced, they shifted them all up and added XTR to the line (so XTR is XT colour, XT is DX colour LX is LX and STX is added to the line up ?)
or XTR was always there and LX and STX moved up a colour ?

XT ?
viewtopic.php?t=206900

I dunno, anyone with the British Eagle BOSS/Lotus Sport cats ?

Fluffy Chicken wrote:

Maybe in 1994 when DX was removed and STX introduced, they shifted them all up and added XTR to the line (so XTR is XT colour, XT is DX colour LX is LX and STX is added to the line up ?)
or XTR was always there and LX and STX moved up a colour ?

That makes sense to me, And I agree it would be useful to see the catalogues.

Back