Calling Syncros Crank experts HELP needed

Retro Spud

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi

I've got two identical Syncros cranks.... well I thought they were !

Sods law is I spent an hour polishing a set and then mounted the Chain rings (using some old bolts for the time being) to see what I had....
Only then did I notice that the Logo's on one set are different to the other I.E they're in different places and differ slightly in size :oops:

Having looked at the cranks I think the set with the chain rings on are the newer of the two
does anyone know the history well enough to advise... my build is circa 93

If I turn them over one set has a four digit number after the 175mm whilst the other has a five digit number
naturally this could mean absolutely nothing

Sorry for the crappy picture only it was late last night in the Man Cave when I spotted this
and now I'm leaning to the other set as they somehow look more retro

I await enlightenment :LOL:

Attachments

• Syncros crank.jpg
    Syncros crank.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 390
Those chainrings are so hot! I don't know but I think they are both later than 1993 but that wouldn't concern me. there are lots of syncros catalogs in the archive on this site which you can pour over. Why does it look like the two tabs are missing on the foremost crank? Sorry I am not familiar with these cranks.

the one with the logos closer to the crank bolt are the first gen. the one with logos closer to the pedal are later generation. from what i've been told/read, the logo was moved as the strength of the arm was compromised and was more prone to failure. not sure how true that is, but i own and use a set of both, and recently sold off a third later gen set. other than logo placement, the cranks are identical in design. the Syncros forged cranks was introduced around 96/97 and was available up to about 2000 i think.

Many thanks guy for taking the time to answer my question

I love Syncros cranks especially the ornate chainrings they're so classy
shame they're a bit to new for my current build but will be used on my next project

Back