My Missus tries retro for the second time

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So.... A few years ago I splurged a couple of hundred quid on a lovely 14" framed Alpinestars cromega LX estay for the missus, but she hated it, says it was too big and she couldn't ride it... :roll: :?: :? :oops:

So last night, she picked this up...
B4404DF0-F964-4DB4-82B7-DE2BEB311922-8023-00000E7AF14FE6AC_zpsb21f4bc8.jpg

I'm happy to admit I'm a touch embarrased.

You utter bastard

Imagine subjecting your loved one to that. ( assuming she is your loved one )

Knowing you ,you'll have it all xtr'd up soon anyway

I did mention to her I had some kit that would make it nicer to ride... :oops: :LOL:

I didn't subject her to it, she went out and got it all on her own... There's now talk of a basket on the front and holographic cable outers... I think I might just have lost all my kudos for posting this up... :oops:

My wife bought her own retro; a 1991 Marin Bear Valley.

She had one BITD and has never found anything she enjoyed riding as much, so she decided to find another and got a grubby but perfect condition BV for £60 on Preloved. She hasn't ridden it that much, but as she has just finished school (she's a teacher) for the summer, I'm pretty sure she'll soon be cracking in the miles.

That's spousal abuse Steve ;) .......still if she's into it she's less likely to put the old handbrake on buying goodies :D

I certainly wouldn't say she's into it, she is quite vocal about her dislike for cycling, from a personal ability perspective.. I'm free to buy and sell whatever I like, she has never had any problems with the hoarding, buying and selling..

I find it crazy that some people don't/won't buy something cos the Missus said so.

I am known during the evening as Doreen, when I can be found in a pink dressing gown.......I was arrested last week in a gas mask and wellies in the woods near Spencer's brewery........this seems a good thread to 'out' my secrets unnoticed!..... :xmas-wink:

Back