Will road levers pull v brakes?sell me a solution!

The History Man

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
Frankenbike braking seems weak. Combination as above or would cantis be better? If so I need a set as I karma'd the ones I took off :facepalm:

Off to Winchcombe beer festival at 11 so will have a look at this later if capable.

Shimano 105 road levers with SRAM v brakes at present. Have all hangers etc to convert back but no actual brakes and the little connector cable thingies so if that's what I need please offer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 585
Re: Will road levers pull v brakes?

NO

roadlevers pull less cable with more force so you would need a cable pull converter.

diacompe 287V are road levers that pull v brake cable

Cane creek make a higher end version of the diacompe's or rather diacompe make a higher end version and cane creek badge them.

Tektro RL 520's are another set of v compatible drop levers.
(In fact I may be getting muddled on who makes the cane creeks)

The tektro's are only £19 so well worth a punt.

The alternative is to keep the levers and buy some mini-v's (google it)which were invented for CX. Problem with them is they sit very close to the rim and can be hard to get tyres past.

The adapters don't have a great rep.

Back from beer festival. Hic!

Bugger. Will my lEvers pull cantis? On mtb ?

Now s a good time to offer me a solution as I will buy it ye to alcohol consumption lovely!

Wat will pull v brakes but be ok on drop ars orwat brake on mtb can be pulled by 105 road lEvers?

Sell me an answer!,,,,,,,!

I want to keep the bar set up so wat needs o be on be other end?

Will road Evers ill mtb cantis?

standard road brake levers (like the ones in your pic) will pull cantis fine, so will work on any bike that has cantis, doesn't matter if it's a road bike or MTB. If you want to use Vs then you need other levers, or an adaptor.

Back