Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:42 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:19 pm 
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
Gold Trader / PoTM Winner / RB Rider
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:26 pm
Posts: 16890
Location: 54 Festive Road Winchcombe GLOUCS Yarp...
ringo wrote:
Calm down chaps - we don't want to reunite him with it! He probably let it get into the sorry state it's currently in! :D


I bet 'we' don't ! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 1019
Location: manchester uk
ringo wrote:
Calm down chaps - we don't want to reunite him with it! He probably let it get into the sorry state it's currently in! :D
this one is staying in the retro fold :D and never to see the light of evil bay or the man who neglected it, :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:52 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3878
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
Thank god for that :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:00 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:16 pm
Posts: 4275
Location: Perfect Sound Forever
Great news... for my two pennarth... there's nothing like sending off a tired frame to a firm like Argos and then being like a kid on Christmas morning when it comes back like new!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 pm 
BoTY Winner
BoTY Winner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:20 pm
Posts: 3878
Location: Everywhere & Nowhere
ringo wrote:
Great news... for my two pennarth... there's nothing like sending off a tired frame to a firm like Argos and then being like a kid on Christmas morning when it comes back like new!


Completely agree. You definitely don't get that feeling when its been at Colour Tech :? :x


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:27 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
It's even better when you see the framebuilder brazing on the new bits and you then get to pick it up in person.

Sorry, smug ' I live close to Argos' post.

Mind you, when I opened the box with my DB in, that was a :shock: moment.

Look forward to the build thread on this bike..... whoever it belongs to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:08 am 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Yorkshire
Looks like you've got a Mavic bottom bracket there as well as the headset.
A bit mashed around the lock-rings alas, but has replaceable bearings and mounts without using the b/b threads.
The cartridge bearings are an odd size if I recall - mix of metric and imperial.
It might be a worth while punt onto ebay for folk wanting to savea frame with wrecked b/b threads.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:57 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 pm
Posts: 1019
Location: manchester uk
Piers wrote:
Looks like you've got a Mavic bottom bracket there as well as the headset.
A bit mashed around the lock-rings alas, but has replaceable bearings and mounts without using the b/b threads.
The cartridge bearings are an odd size if I recall - mix of metric and imperial.
It might be a worth while punt onto ebay for folk wanting to savea frame with wrecked b/b threads.
just a shame that someone as had a go at both with wot looks like stilsons so they are fubar :facepalm:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:01 am 
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
BoTM | Gold | PoTM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Posts: 8679
Location: Sunny Cornwall
painter09 wrote:
Piers wrote:
Looks like you've got a Mavic bottom bracket there as well as the headset.
A bit mashed around the lock-rings alas, but has replaceable bearings and mounts without using the b/b threads.
The cartridge bearings are an odd size if I recall - mix of metric and imperial.
It might be a worth while punt onto ebay for folk wanting to savea frame with wrecked b/b threads.
just a shame that someone as had a go at both with wot looks like stilsons so they are fubar :facepalm:


If it is salvageable then I'd be interested as I have a frame with aforementioned problematic bb threads - that's assuming the threads in your Lloyd are good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dave Lloyd 753 ???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:47 pm 
Old School Hero
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:38 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Yorkshire
It looks like there is sufficient left for a reasonable spanner to engage in the notches - they are quite deep. I wonder what the holes for the peg spanner are like?

Ordinary b/bs can be refitted in Mavic'ed frames.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: integerspin and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group