Carrera Elevated/Rapidfire?

spatuluk

Saracen Fan
Feedback
View
Does anyone know much about a Carrera bike that's either called an Elevated or a Rapidfire?

The frame looks a lot like a Carrera Quattro, but the cables are routed differently, and the paint and decal styling make me think it must be a couple of years older (1992?)

The reason I ask is because I came across this on ebay last week, and was champing at the bit to bid for it, but the seller ended it early, so I'll never know what secrets it held. :cry:

Was it Saracen-built? What year was it from? Were the mudguards less disgusting in real life? What's that handlebar all about? (I suspect the last two items probably aren't original spec..)

Attachments

• $T2eC16F,!ygE9s7HHg1pBR2oZHt(f!~~60_58.JPG
    $T2eC16F,!ygE9s7HHg1pBR2oZHt(f!~~60_58.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 357
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes, I saw that listing too...

...don't know about the age but the cable routing is more 'Saracen' with them being on the side of the top tube like that; obviously a lower spec. ( 1" steerer too) and possibly not 531 tubing (more likely Cro-Mo?)?

Even so, sans mudguards, seat and bar, it would be a nice little bike...

...or at least the basis for one :cool:

Back