Terrible bike names

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Maybe this has been done before, but I was on my home tonight and saw a modern bike, a cube 'attempt' and thought this was pretty lame. Have any retrobikes been cursed with such lack of imagination or stupidity by the marketing department? I can't think of anything I've seen or owned but I'm sure there are some out there we can all get a laugh from........

Kona Humuhumu-Nukunuka-A-Pua'a (yeah, not technically MTB but some of their other names weren't much better). I also remember a friend many moons ago buying a Scott Tampica, and the resultant feminine-hygiene joke lasting for an impressive number of years.

Regarding components, back in the days before everything got bought online, I always wondered how many people would have the guts to phone up & ask for a Ringle SupaDupaHubbaBubbaDubba.... or whatever the hell they ended up calling them, with a straight face.

IBOC.... International Bicycle Of Champions was always very silly for an Acronym.
I cringed when designing the stickers for my Iboc Team....

i hate letter/number names mostly, from back in the day and now. boring and shows a lack of imagination.

cube currently i think have some of the worst, "agree" for some of the road bikes.

i never liked "hahanna" from kona, or "tequesta" from GT.

MADJEZ":2lma665l said:
Raleigh ..... :)
Having literally just this minute finished building a Raleigh dyna-tech titanium/rsp tourus/x-lite bike, I have to disagree there, though my first mtb was a Raleigh Cajun. Back then I thought it was named after a curry, the naievity of youth.

Back