are these savable/ worth saving?

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
ok firstly apologies for putting this in the wrong area, I havent got a clue where to put them. Ive just had these delivered to me. long story short I gave the guy a tenner for fuel for delivering them and thats all Ive paid. there was more stuff as well including a few smaller parts and a modern shockwave frame) realistically theres a tenners worth of other parts for me so its not a waste of money if they arent any good.

first one up is a royal enfield lightweight sports. think he reckoned 1940s. now this is the one Im not sure about as the paintwork as you can see is knackered :LOL: am pretty sure its not structurally weakened but will double check. but the question is how easy would it be to get parts or would it be impossible to fix up. I dont mind it as a long term project and it has an old brooks saddle as well but is it honestly worth it?

the second one is a triumph tempo (possibly american apparently) it has cosmetic blemishes but is nowhere near as bad as the enfield and wouldnt need a lot of work done. 20" wheels so guessing its the whole beach cruiser/bMX style (bear with me as these are all new to me :roll: ) again Im not worried about the monetary value as I might end up keeping it but it looks like its only tyres, innertubes and a front wheel that it needs to be working. does anyone have any information on this as I cant find a lot.

appreciate help guys and sorry again for the wrong category, dont know what they are classed as.

Second one doesn't float my boat but the Enfield would make an awesome restoration job :). Remember, cro-moly only really rusts on the surface and not right through so unless it's been stored in a pond I reckon it should be fine.

see I like the triumph :LOL: Im keeping that as a fun cruising / beach bike.

thats what I was hoping with the enfield. I dont care if it looks rough as rats, as long as its still solid I'd be happy, and Im in no rush to finish it, just as parts appear. have to get used to brake rods instead of cables haha. I did wonder about getting it resprayed later on but I like the originality of it as it is. brooks seat, phillips pedals. (I have to keep it just because of that since thats my surname :D )

Just look at the loony prices fixes go for on eBay.
Don't paint it, stick a pair of espresso wheels shod with thickslicks on it, a set of swoopy bars, no brakes and you're good for £500.

Second I wouldn't waste time on but the first I would get it stripped and powdercoated gloss black and turn it into a pashley governor look a like. Single speed with a flip flop wheel, Just a front brake and some schwalbe white fat franks and as mentioned the dropped or moustache bars.

Single speed the Enfield with 700c wheels (if the clearance is there?) And ride it as a rat bike!!!

see rat is the way Im tempting to go. I had some ideas but dont want to deface such an oldie. it is a single speed at the moment actually (well theres no shifter :LOL: ) so will be staying like that and slicks are a good idea. just need to find some wheels to fit it as they've got to be narrow and tiny axles

Latest posts

Back