Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:33 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Rock Shox SID dual air
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:42 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5
Hi guys, I bought this bike for my son as a project.I have no idea how old it is (any suggestions welcomed). The only thing I have a problem with is the rear shock. The lable says its a Rock Shox SID dual air, one of the air inlet valves is missing. Anyone have any ideas as to where to buy an air inlet valve for this shock? I have tried googling but to no avail :? Thanks...
Ell.


Attachments:
DSC_0238.jpg
DSC_0238.jpg [ 84.68 KiB | Viewed 418 times ]
DSC_0237.jpg
DSC_0237.jpg [ 69.52 KiB | Viewed 418 times ]
DSC_0235.jpg
DSC_0235.jpg [ 65.9 KiB | Viewed 418 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:53 am 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:15 am
Posts: 1887
Location: Getting fitter, I will beat the Surrey Hills....
SRAM is the rock shox importer, I would see if the have a spare valve. Otherwise, shock tuning annd servicing companies will most likely be able to revive it. Try TFTuned or Mojo, they seem to be very popular for servicing stuff like this.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:43 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 4211
Location: London for my sin's
Your google fu is weak...

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Sho ... _Caps.html
given the fantastic price (i.e how effing much for it!)you may just be better of bagging a shock off ebay for parts or a broken/leaky one for a few quid more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5
taffy wrote:
Your google fu is weak...

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Sho ... _Caps.html
given the fantastic price (i.e how effing much for it!)you may just be better of bagging a shock off ebay for parts or a broken/leaky one for a few quid more.


Thanks buddy I'll check out ebay for a broken shock as £20 for a poxy wee valve that probably costs pennies to make is a bit much. Checked out your link but it shows a valve for a fox shock, will that still fit? Regarding the reflector I'll have a word with my son and let you know if he's willing to sell and get back to you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:39 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5
Whatleymeister wrote:
SRAM is the rock shox importer, I would see if the have a spare valve. Otherwise, shock tuning annd servicing companies will most likely be able to revive it. Try TFTuned or Mojo, they seem to be very popular for servicing stuff like this.


Thanks for your help. I have emailed TFTuned to see if they can help...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:41 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:07 pm
Posts: 4211
Location: London for my sin's
LOl the reflector is my sig.. shamelessly stolen form one of Lysanders posts.

the valve body looks to be the same as a rockshox one - I'd imagine they are all the same/std fitting. and yes twenty quid if a effing rip off! you could get a shock for a few quid more or less - try a wanted ad on here though)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:48 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5
taffy wrote:
LOl the reflector is my sig.. shamelessly stolen form one of Lysanders posts.

the valve body looks to be the same as a rockshox one - I'd imagine they are all the same/std fitting. and yes twenty quid if a effing rip off! you could get a shock for a few quid more or less - try a wanted ad on here though)


lol oops!! :? Thought I had a sale there lol.No probs I'll try an add on here.Thanks again...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:15 pm 
Newbie

Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:52 pm
Posts: 5
Got one from TFTuned for a fiver (far more reasonable price) Thanks for your help guys..............


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dubya3, Gadro, Google Adsense [Bot], Smithjss70, youngsspeed and 58 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group