XT 737 cranks - what lengths are available?

petitpal

Retrobike Rider
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Before I spend my entire working day digging through the archives, does anyone know what lengths you could get XT M737 cranks in? I have 175mm at the moment and have been suffering some knee problems after long rides; back in the day I used to ride 170mm (purely because that's all I had) so I'm wondering if it's related. Did they ever make a 170mm 737? (I won't even being to ask where to source one - it's going to be a long wait I'm sure!)

Cheers,
P.

There were some 180mm ones for sale on ebay the other day, as I was tempted to bid for them, as I've still not tried 180mm cranks and think they might suit me.

Hmm -good info. Thanks. I'm quite short legged (being a good Midlander) so I'm tempted to try and find a set of 165s or 170s. Ha ha ha. Remembering how long it took me to find a nice set of 175s I'm being hopeful methinks. :D

If you're on SPD pedals try moving the cleat backwards, also try a different seat position.

But, 170/175 would be the standard OEM sizes so shouldn't be to hard to fond. The difficulty is people tend not to quote the length.
Anyway
Shimano groupsets where 170/175 (e.g. LX, STX)
But
XT m737 had 165/170/175/180
XTR m900 had 165/170/172.5/175/180

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
...and if you are on SPuDs you could try the pedal extensions (Specialized look to be the best) like I have on my blue Kili ( I think there's a close-up photo in my build thread?) as I couldn't get on with them at all until I fitted the extensions because I was used to the freedom of flats.

Thanks for the info all - will keep my eyes peeled for some 737 in 170 then. Think this lot cost me in the £40 region but prices vary a lot, I guess.

I am using SPDs - cleats in the same position as they were in the 90's! Don't really fancy trying to shift them tbh, so I'm going to adopt the easy approach of the 170mm crank length that my legs are used to. :)

Moving them back a little solved the problem for me.
I used to run them near the front, now they are about halfway. Can check.

Back