Italian vintage-new school bike

novekili

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Ok take a look at this 1st war Bianchi paratroopers bike (1st war paratroopers? Weird I know).
Foldable softail with thornproof tires (well, they were full...) and water-tap quick releases!
And they say our bikes are conservative!

Attachments

• paracaidistasitalianosxt4[1].jpg
    paracaidistasitalianosxt4[1].jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,001
There were no 1st World War Paratrooper bikes full stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first nation to try Paratoops was the Soviet Union in the late 1920's.

However it could be something for the Italians elite Alpini regiment. Something light enough and robust enough to haul around the mountains would be useful, the Swiss Bicycle Regiment was only recently disbanded.

Otherwise a very cool machine !

Cheers

In fact it's the first doubt I put out. It might be an Alpini bike, but donkeys were more functional. Better, I think it's a Bersaglieri bike. They were funny troops with plumed helmets, and they were supposed to be the fast troops (scarcely a necessity in the first war...). Not into militaria, tho - even if I have a nice collection due to my hiking in the Dolomites....

Outstanding bike, isn't it?

Wishbone rear stays and everything! Watched 'The Longest Day' yesterday and there were a lot of bikes on both sides.

Iwasgoodonce":24xkivff said:
Wishbone rear stays and everything! Watched 'The Longest Day' yesterday and there were a lot of bikes on both sides.

Wishbone stays? Sure its not a moots ybb ;)

velomaniac":38nc6wo8 said:
There were no 1st World War Paratrooper bikes full stop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The first nation to try Paratoops was the Soviet Union in the late 1920's.

Cheers

And their paratroopers didn't have chutes, never mind bikes!

This is the weirdest thing, but I saw a bike like that a couple of weekends ago. On this picture you can see the early suspension forks more clearly.

The second picture is another bike in the collection I saw with Pulsar look-a-like straight-pull epileptic hubs (with trick nuts :LOL: ) So much for 'new' technology ;)

Attachments

• Army hub.jpg
    Army hub.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 725
  • Army forks.jpg
    Army forks.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 725
Back