Geoff Apps' Seminar Date fixed: Sunday 28th July

hydorah

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
To save wading through posts, time and location are:

14:00 28th July, Garden Room, Uffculme Village Hall, Bridge Street, Uffculme, Cullompton, Devon EX15 3AX

Bring a bike!

Cheers

The mighty Geoff Apps, the man behind the Cleland line of off road bicycles would like to share his insights, experiences and the inspirations behind his pioneering work

Geoff has been engineering and producing off road bicycles for over 40 years and his career is full of amazing events and incidents

Organising a venue is no problem but I'm based in Exeter which may not be so ideal, I've asked Geoff about this

- The man himself is a member on this very forum, which is a real testament to the credibility and usefulness of this forum

What I'd really like to gauge from this is the rough number of prospective attendees

Re: Geoff Apps wants to talk to us - in Person!

Tentatively but it really depends on where.

How about a visiting lecturer at the next Mayhem to give a more motivational speech than the berating Mr Edwards usually issues.

From memory geoff lives up in the north east somewhere..?..He managed to get a lift up to one of the scotish rides.

IF geoff can make it to this national ride---> viewtopic.php?f=31&t=261757

Then, i'm sure the attendance and profile of the ride will make it worth his while. There are some members up there too, that could potentially give him a lift.. ;)

I'd be interested, depending on the venue.

Geoff lives (unless he's moved) in the Scottish Borders, so I'm not sure why he'd want to make a presentation in the West Country.

Geoff's visiting Uffculme this year, date TBC so Devon (as unlikely as it seems, nothing interesting ever happens here) Looks like the place

Yup, think he has relatives down this way.
We were meant to meet up for a ride last time he was down, but managed to miss each other.
We should organise a ride as well as a talk :D

Very interested subject to location... although you know that Cropton just makes so much sense... :D

Absolutely! : Regarding a bit of trail action. Geoff has mentioned that and having an Aventura on hand for attendees to try out. It's got the potential to be pretty amazing

I've suggested the Blackdowns as they are so close to Uffculme, I've done a bit of sound engineering in the area so should be able to get a venue near Uffculme with no problems

Do you know the Blackdowns much?

Never ridden in the blackdowns. Round here I ride Woodbury, Haldon, Dartmoor and occasionally the Quantocks.

Back