Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:43 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:53 pm 
Old School Hero

hi all ive just bought a yeti lawwill 4 with a set of what I think are 2004 boxxers on and I have a couple of questions

firstly I really don't know a lot about them and would like to know how you guys would test them to know that there working ok they feel totally fine but i don't want to rip any one off the condition is good but its testing the workings i need to know

second do you guys think it would be worth trying to trade them on here for an earlier more suited fork or would i not get any interest

sorry to ask what may be dumb questions :facepalm:

Attachments:
DSCN7145.JPG
DSCN7145.JPG [ 378.83 KiB | Viewed 122 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

Finding a pair of old boxxer that are straight and not twisted is hard. so i would keep them. Also most for the other forks until 2005 were not as good, for 7 years all the top DH pretty much used them then fox and marz caught up. an old pair of manitou's x-vert or some such might work.

I would keep the boxxers. They might have upgraded to the boxxer 151 or cheery reds down l the line any ways. so you could re paint/ decal them. They are easy to service 195-197ml of 5wt oil in each leg. there are some mods you can do that for with a Black box check vales and drilling the refill port. They good forks enjoy.

If you want then service info let me know as i have rebuild plenty of these. :¬)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:40 pm 
Old School Hero

biglev wrote:
Finding a pair of old boxxer that are straight and not twisted is hard. so i would keep them. Also most for the other forks until 2005 were not as good, for 7 years all the top DH pretty much used them then fox and marz caught up. an old pair of manitou's x-vert or some such might work.

I would keep the boxxers. They might have upgraded to the boxxer 151 or cheery reds down l the line any ways. so you could re paint/ decal them. They are easy to service 195-197ml of 5wt oil in each leg. there are some mods you can do that for with a Black box check vales and drilling the refill port. They good forks enjoy.

If you want then service info let me know as i have rebuild plenty of these. :¬)

thanks for that mate the paint is in really nice condition so may just put some new decals on to bring a bit of red to the front end :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:56 pm 
MacRetro rider
MacRetro rider

Location: Near a tree, by a river in a hole in the ground....
Had my DHO's not been earmarked for my next project then I would have suggested a straight swap...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:03 pm 
Old School Hero

boxxer wrote:
Had my DHO's not been earmarked for my next project then I would have suggested a straight swap...

its only a mark on the ear nudge nudge :wink: :wink: