headset for specialized crossroads 1994

maubus

Retro Newbie
hi i am new to the forum

i have a question regarding my specialized crossroads 1994. the headset is busted (it was still the original part) and i can't find a replacement in brazil.

* do you what part exactly i am looking for ? do these bikes use some sort of standard headset that i can look for? (if i google "headset specialized crossroads 1994" i get no relevant results and i don't know what else to google)

* can you recommend an online store that carries these?

thank you thank you. i love this bike and use it every day to go to work. i really want to keep it running.

Chain reaction cycles online.

Need to know if its ahead or threaded. Post up a pic.

If its in the repair shop can't you get them to fix it, or is it not a bike repair shop?

Hi Coomber ! Yes, they will. They can't fix it because they don't have the part, their suppliers don't have the part and they asked me if I could try to get the part myself from a supplier abroad. Once the part is here they will replace it. Here are the photos. Can you tell me what kind of headset I am looking for ?

cx1.jpg

cx2.jpg

cx3.jpg

Looks like your average threaded headset.
Only problem is that they used 3 different sizes in that period (1 inch, 1-1/8 inch and 1-1/4 inch), and I'm not really sure which one Specialized used in that year. I'm thinking it'll be 1-1/8", but I'm not sure.
Plenty of Specialized experts around, so you'll probably get the right answer sometime in the next 24 hours (it's past midnight in Europe, where most members are, so it's quiet here now).

Oh, and seeing as this is a 1994 bike, I'm moving this topic to the ->1997 section.

Where's Bart when you need him? He probably mumbles Specialized headset sizes in his sleep.

Lemme see if I can PM him ...

Raging_Bulls":2q7222g5 said:
Where's Bart when you need him? He probably mumbles Specialized headset sizes in his sleep.

Lemme see if I can PM him ...

:LOL: :LOL:

I'm allways around.... ;)

I'm pretty sure it's a 1" headset like coomber said. Not 100% sure as I don't know too much about these crossroads. But it looks like a 1" headset!

Cheers,
Bart

Back