Anyone in Tunbridge Wells that could help get a bike to me ?

Prometheus

Senior Retro Guru
Hi all.

Hoping that someone out there can help me out :?

The bike is Woodsgate Way, Pembury, TN2 4NJ

I got a nice 80's retro bike from eBay for 99p on the basis that it was collection only. I checked with my local Fedex depot before making the arrangements that it would be OK to collect the bare bike as it was, because the seller wasn't prepared to spend any time wrapping it which is fair enough. Fedex have since been to the house to collect and then refused the collection as the bike is not wrapped. I have been on the phone to Fedex customer service for half and hour trying to resolve the situation but they say that at least it needs the handle bars securing and a black bin liner or two taped over it to protect both the bike and their other collections from oily deposits.

I have spoken again to the seller and he really doesn't want to spend any time on it.

So I know it's a long shot but is there anyone out there in Tunbridge Wells that would be willing to collect the bike and then do some nominal wrapping for some beer tokens? Then I would arrange collection from you.. The bike is a gift for my friends 12 year old son, it's not a turn around for profit situation if that makes any difference.

Please get back to me asap if you can help.

Here's hoping .....
Dave.

Re: Anyone in Tunbridge Wells that could help get a bike to

Yeah, go on then, I can go that way home in the next few days if no-one else will?

Yay !!! You sir are a legend and bards will sing tales of your heroic deeds for generations to come :D

I am at work at the mo. I will send over details by PM shortly

I'm in Sevenoaks, bit closer than heathfield!

80's retrobike locally for 99p?! :shock: Must have missed than one, what is it?

Might be going past Pembury tomorrow.

Hi Andy.

Tomorrow would be perfect as the seller said there would be someone in all day to collect from.

I don't think you would have seen it as it's a road bike... A Raleigh Flyer no less :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TM:GB:1123

I would be so appreciative if this could be sorted out as I made the mistake of forwarding a picture on to Luca ... ( my friends 12 yr old son) . I thought that I was going to have to tell him that I couldn't get it for him now ...

Would that be OK to collect tomorrow do you think? If your sure you don't mind. I will naturally cover all costs etc.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

andyz":3r81sl27 said:
I'm in Sevenoaks, bit closer than Heathfield!

:LOL: Not when I'm driving home from the direction of the M25.

Good on you chap...:cool:

Well totally gutted......

After the Kind offers from Andy & Steve. Andy agreed to collect tomorrow for me and we were all systems go. I just phoned the seller to confirm that someone would be with him tomorrow and he told me that he gave the bike away to his builder this afternoon as he didn't think that I would be able to collect it :evil:

The last time we spoke which was this morning , I said that I would try to get someone to collect locally .....

I explained this to him on the phone and he has said that he will ask the builder for the bike back but I don't hold out much hope .......but you never know.

Thank you so very much for the offers of help to collect for me. You guys are awesome :cool:

The worst of it is now that I have to tell Luca that his bike has gone to someone else. I will wait until after the weekend just in case... not looking forward to that ... he was excited ... :(

I just phoned him and said that I am not happy... I have paid for a courier who couldn't collect, and whilst that obviously isn't his fault, I am still the auction winner even if it was only 99p and he didn't have the right to give the bike away without confirmation from me that I couldn't complete the collection. I have asked him to get the bike back from the builder .... we'll see what happens .....

wish me luck :D

Back