My Pace rc16 forks are home at last

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
At last after a long wait I now have a lovely pair of Pace rc16 forks sat on my lap. Woooo.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 1,163
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 1,163
Haha...nice mate...don't go doing anything extreme on those bad boys eh!!

The dropouts are straight out of the evo lowers. Inside the stanchions is the aluminium base of the damper pressed into about 3" of the leg, this was milled out (dremelled really) to fit the dropouts which are bonded in with epoxy glue. A long m4 bolt with a large flat washer fits inside the stanchion and drops into a hole in the base of the damper, this pops out of the base of the dropout and a nut and washer pulls it all tightly together. Finally for extra peace of mind I popped 2 rivets into the back of the leg.
The canti clamps are originally from the carbon lowers so are far to big. After hunting about for a suitable packing shim I found some very thick 1 1/8" carbon headset spacers which I cut a slot in to allow them to compress onto the stanchion. These were glued into place and (as I had a bit of spare mixed up) I glued the canti mounts onto the shim too. The only downside is the ti nitride is a bit patchy on the legs which is niggling me now.
A carbon bar, stem and seatpost landed on my lap along with a light headset to top it all off.
My lil boy absolutely loves it which in turn puts the biggest smile on my gnarled old face.

Back