Dyna tech sizing advice please

skywalker482

Retro Guru
Hi all, I'm very new here and don't actually have a retro steed yet but have been pining over the early 90's dyna techs ever since I was a teeny bopper and am now actively hunting for one...
At 5'9" with a short 30/31" leg what size would you dyna tech/mtrax owners advise I look for... I'm led to believe they come up big so an 18" dyna tech might be too big even though my 18" kona fits fine?? Have I been advised correctly??? Just that there seem to be 20" bikes for sale a lot but rarely anything smaller....
Thanks in advance gang Jamie

Hi

Dyna-techs were measured in cm just to add to your dilemma. 40,42.5,45 & 49cm were the sizes available and equate to the following sizes in inches. 15.75, 16.73, 17.72 & 19.29".

Not sure what my leg measurement is but I am 6' 0 and ride the 49cm frames with a decent length seat post. I'll measure my inside leg later and let you know.

There are some bargains to be had on ebay, don't rule out the M-Trax bikes.

Brilliant reply (I expected no less on here). So I assume they were s, m, l, xl..... Which would mean being of smaller size I'd want a medium which according to your brilliant reply means I've got to hunt for a 16.73 ?
Frustrating as people list then in inches.... Nearly bought the mint mtrax on here for £135 but glad I haven't as advertised as an 18" which would be a large I guess. Plus looking at dyna tech thread that's expensive for Gen1 alivio and a ti1000... Thanks for the advice the hunt goes on... :)

Not sure how to measure my inside leg really? I think i buy 32" leg jeans etc?

If it helps my diablo is 38" from pedal to top of saddle with the pedal at the lowest point etc. You could measure your bike and compare?

Back