Scott superlite advice please...

WWC

Senior Retro Guru
Hello all

I’ve just bought this after abandoning a GT build (costed out to roughly £850 so couldn’t be justified!):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/retro-scott-s ... _359wt_958

I have forks (Mag 21) and bars left over from the GT project so really don’t need much.

The only other thing I want to look at is the rear mech (Suntour XC comp I think) and shifters (miss-match STX & STX RC).

There are some NOS SunTour X-Press Control Levers on ebay for £25 but I can’t tell if they’re a good buy or what the they’d equate in the shimano range?

Or should I go LX or XT?

Any input greatly received…

P.s. what’s an interesting retro peddle?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have and still ride my 1992 scott superlite ( which was the same colour as yours until I stripped and polished it in 1994)

It's original spec was a mix of DX and XT stuff. XT underbar shifters, DX rear mech, DX hubs, DX cantis (I still have these stashed for my Alien project), Hope this guides you,

It's lovely to see one sporting original paint and really takes me back.

I can't remember what pedals were on it originally ( I think wellego flats) but I adopted spd's fairly quickly

Cheers chap, really appreciated!

This is my first real retro MTB and takes me back to a Muddy Fox I had in '96.

I almost don't want to put suspension forks on it as I'd like the challenge of taking round a trail centre (Forest of Dean is our local) and really having to watch my lines.

Thanks again

Will

My 1991 Scott Superlite came mostly DX equipped. Pedals were VP which i still have and would sell. ;)

Latest posts

Back