Homage to the people`s choice-the Zaskar

Are you sure? To many the trip-tri GT is just a faddy gimmick with the Zaskar being far too rigid for its own good.

Here's mine regardless!

file.php

i've only had about 5 or 6......terrible bikes.....i keep buying another, too see if it's any good!!! i'm sure the ride was improved by the blue anno finish. the purple felt "gay"......i bought another.....just to see....

i am currently "zaskarless"!!!
even the husky was called zaskar!! ffs! :facepalm:

zetecmk2":rtx0iivv said:
even the husky was called zaskar!! ffs! :facepalm:

Could be worse. You could have had a Chihuahua and called it "Pantera" :LOL:

I like the look of the Zaskar, especially the no-nonsense builds. Can't comment on the ride, but I have my reservations about it.

Having ridden a rigid Pantera I know the ride is spine compactingly solid but with a decent suspension fork i reckon it would be very good. A stiff oversized alloy frame gives great acceleration and climbing ability plus Zaskars are tough. Triple triangle is just a gimmick though but it is the GT trademark so fair enough.

The triple triangle is a total gimmick,I had a Zaskar and whilst the ride was harsh it was also so tough and fast.It has its flaws but I think it represents the era so well and so many have such fond memories of them,hence my love of them.Flawed yes,but like a lot of retro stuff I wouldn't have it any other way.

Wow! You boys must have much more sophisticated arses than me, as all I've ever done is get on mine and ride it; on road, off road, in the dust, in the mud, uphill, downhill, summer, winter, wet, dry.

More recently I got a bit carried away on a rocky downhill, blew a seal on the forks and cracked the flanges on my Hope front hub, but that's the sort of bike it is.

In comparison to my other bikes... it's a bike, as they all are. It's maybe a bit more of an uncouth yob of a bike, but it makes me smile.

As for the gimmick frame, do you know, I've never even given it a thought, I liked the weight (or lack thereof), I liked the look, I could afford the price (£399(?) in 1994 for the frame), so I bought it, built it and rode (ride) it.

Back