Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:40 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:54 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Russell wrote:
Welcome to Retrobike!

Hehe! indeed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:21 pm 
Old School Grand Master

taffy wrote:
I can't help anymore as my spoon appears to be broken.

A wise man once said : "There is no spoon".

Welcome Alex.

Nearly every day new people sign up here just to ask for valuations, and 99% of them do it just like you did. Most of the time someone will point them to the correct thread and that'll be it.
However this gets tedious and people tend to get enough of it eventually. The next one to come along will get a rather harsh welcome, and usually they apologize or simply post in the right thread.
Hydorah was curt, but nowhere near rude really.

If you had taken 5 minutes to look around, you would have seen the stickied valuation topic and the lack of individual topics. That alone should have rung a bell.

As for valuations : Its difficult to assess the value based on that little information and 2 small pics, ans usually things are indeed worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them.
It's a strange market and prices can fluctuate like crazy in a very short period of time.

This isnt helped by the following facts either :
- The photo of the Trek 2500 frame is taken from this page at Velobase as opposed to being a photo of the actual frame.
- The photo of the 990 was taken from this thread at bikeforums.net (post #13)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:24 pm 
Special Retro Guru
Special Retro Guru

taffy wrote:
I can't help anymore as my spoon appears to be broken.

Along with extending the metaphor of the ethos of the place... "There is no spoon"

Couldn't help myself, I really should try harder.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:26 pm 
Dirt Disciple

thanks! not really that interested in retro bikes myself and did not explore your rather amateur website, so thought a quick forum would not cause any harm - clearly i was wrong! if you had taken the time to properly read my post, you would have noticed that i indicated clearly that the pictures were not the actual bikes in question!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:30 pm 
King of the Skip Monkeys
King of the Skip Monkeys

'amateur website'? Kind of an odd statement if you were expecting help from us amateurs...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:37 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

alexweeman wrote:
thanks! not really that interested in retro bikes myself and did not explore your rather amateur website, so thought a quick forum would not cause any harm - clearly i was wrong! if you had taken the time to properly read my post, you would have noticed that i indicated clearly that the pictures were not the actual bikes in question!

close the door on the way out :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:43 pm 
Dirt Disciple

happily! i would hate for another unsuspecting cyclist to walk into the wrong forum! that would be dreadful! you guys need to man up, its a forum!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:50 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

we are not here to be of service to you. We are a community, with rules, and regulations, as in all societies. When you want something, it is the done thing in general that you earn it. Be that by paying, or offering something in return. You show no respect, yet expect it given to you.

You demand that we value your "friends" bikes, yet give little info, nothing back to our community and don't even post pictures of the actual bikes, showing the actual condition. Did you steal them? Is that why you don't show us pictures of the real ones? Is that why you attack instead of attempt to understand?

Trot on

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Well i may well have become a budding member of your anal community and give a lot back into it, if i hadnt got such a bad initial response! I didn't use the actual photos as he busy sorting things at the moment, and didnt want to hamper him! haha, and i never demanded! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:57 pm 
Dirt Disciple

and yes, i will happily 'trot on' to a decent community, where people are excited about new technologies and not dwelling on the past! sort your lives out!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next