What years this GT Zaskar

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
There seems to be a lot of knowledgable GT people on here so can anyone help me out and tell me what year this GT is? I dont know much about GT Zaskars but with this having a U brake does that mean its an earlier one or did they always have them. Also how much should you pay for one. I'd like to go and view the bike coz its local to me so any pointers to look for or serial numbers would be a big help.

Cheers Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 549
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 548
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 548
On dropout. First 2 numbers are month, 2nd pair year. The rest is the frame number. Make sure it has 6061 stamped on other dropout.
Full bike a few hundred, depends on components and condition really. That one looks like 91 or 92 :)

tonedeaf101":yvcukkjo said:
On dropout. First 2 numbers are month, 2nd pair year. The rest is the frame number. Make sure it has 6061 stamped on other dropout.
Full bike a few hundred, depends on components and condition really. That one looks like 91 or 92 :)

Cheers for the info mate,the seller is wanting £250 or make them an offer,they also say the fork could do with a service which i don't think would be cheap to do saying there old and probably hard to get parts for. Still gonna have a look though coz i'd like an early Zaskar in my collection :D

It's a 1991 - 1992 bike , the seller has had this forsale for about 4 weeks now so the ball is in your court.

Be aware the forks will need a good service , which as far as I know TF tuned cannot do for you , also some decals at about £30.00 will get the frame back to its former glory it offer 175.00 but he may take 200.00

Cheers

Anthony

Antfox":37wwk8eo said:
It's a 1991 - 1992 bike , the seller has had this forsale for about 4 weeks now so the ball is in your court.

Be aware the forks will need a good service , which as far as I know TF tuned cannot do for you , also some decals at about £30.00 will get the frame back to its former glory it offer 175.00 but he may take 200.00

Cheers

Anthony

Cheers for that Antfox,looking at the bike its got a couple of decent parts on it but the likes of the wheels would have to be rebuilt coz the spokes are all rusted makes me think its been lying in a shed for a while. I'm going to have a look at it over the weekend he only lives 10 mins away from where i live.
I'm glad i asked now feel more confident now i've got a bit of info to do some bargaining,coz normally I'd have went there and went oh shiny Zaskar there's £250 mate :LOL:

Cheers for the help

Worth noting that the frame number is on the non-drive side rear dropout, usually on the inside.

RobMac":20qummac said:
NeilM":20qummac said:
Worth noting that the frame number is on the non-drive side rear dropout, usually on the inside.

Outside ..........................

I was working from a poor memory, sitting here saying inside, outside, inside, outside.... I just knew I'd get it wrong. :facepalm:

NeilM":gck4ltcv said:
RobMac":gck4ltcv said:
NeilM":gck4ltcv said:

Outside ..........................

I was working from a poor memory, sitting here saying inside, outside, inside, outside.... I just knew I'd get it wrong. :facepalm:

I'll check inside and outside :D

Back