Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:40 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1243
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
There seems to be a lot of knowledgable GT people on here so can anyone help me out and tell me what year this GT is? I dont know much about GT Zaskars but with this having a U brake does that mean its an earlier one or did they always have them. Also how much should you pay for one. I'd like to go and view the bike coz its local to me so any pointers to look for or serial numbers would be a big help.

Cheers Chris


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 98.88 KiB | Viewed 396 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 106.77 KiB | Viewed 396 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 59.09 KiB | Viewed 396 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 105.8 KiB | Viewed 396 times ]
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 111.58 KiB | Viewed 396 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:36 pm
Posts: 763
Location: Gloucestershire
On dropout. First 2 numbers are month, 2nd pair year. The rest is the frame number. Make sure it has 6061 stamped on other dropout.
Full bike a few hundred, depends on components and condition really. That one looks like 91 or 92 :-)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 pm 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1243
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
tonedeaf101 wrote:
On dropout. First 2 numbers are month, 2nd pair year. The rest is the frame number. Make sure it has 6061 stamped on other dropout.
Full bike a few hundred, depends on components and condition really. That one looks like 91 or 92 :-)


Cheers for the info mate,the seller is wanting £250 or make them an offer,they also say the fork could do with a service which i don't think would be cheap to do saying there old and probably hard to get parts for. Still gonna have a look though coz i'd like an early Zaskar in my collection :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:14 pm
Posts: 619
Location: Staffordshire
It's a 1991 - 1992 bike , the seller has had this forsale for about 4 weeks now so the ball is in your court.

Be aware the forks will need a good service , which as far as I know TF tuned cannot do for you , also some decals at about £30.00 will get the frame back to its former glory it offer 175.00 but he may take 200.00

Cheers

Anthony


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:34 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1243
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Antfox wrote:
It's a 1991 - 1992 bike , the seller has had this forsale for about 4 weeks now so the ball is in your court.

Be aware the forks will need a good service , which as far as I know TF tuned cannot do for you , also some decals at about £30.00 will get the frame back to its former glory it offer 175.00 but he may take 200.00

Cheers

Anthony



Cheers for that Antfox,looking at the bike its got a couple of decent parts on it but the likes of the wheels would have to be rebuilt coz the spokes are all rusted makes me think its been lying in a shed for a while. I'm going to have a look at it over the weekend he only lives 10 mins away from where i live.
I'm glad i asked now feel more confident now i've got a bit of info to do some bargaining,coz normally I'd have went there and went oh shiny Zaskar there's £250 mate :lol:

Cheers for the help


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:14 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
Worth noting that the frame number is on the non-drive side rear dropout, usually on the inside.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:53 am 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12690
Location: Fife in Scotland
NeilM wrote:
Worth noting that the frame number is on the non-drive side rear dropout, usually on the inside.


Outside ..........................


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:57 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:08 am
Posts: 6840
Location: Nth Somerset, UK
RobMac wrote:
NeilM wrote:
Worth noting that the frame number is on the non-drive side rear dropout, usually on the inside.


Outside ..........................



I was working from a poor memory, sitting here saying inside, outside, inside, outside.... I just knew I'd get it wrong. :facepalm:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:01 am 
Classified Mod
Classified Mod

Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:34 pm
Posts: 12690
Location: Fife in Scotland
:wink: There are numbers but their just the grade of alloy 6061


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 am
Posts: 1243
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
NeilM wrote:
RobMac wrote:
NeilM wrote:
Worth noting that the frame number is on the non-drive side rear dropout, usually on the inside.


Outside ..........................



I was working from a poor memory, sitting here saying inside, outside, inside, outside.... I just knew I'd get it wrong. :facepalm:



I'll check inside and outside :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: nbcord, Si_33, ted andkilde and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group