decal application on titanium question -

bamalucky

Dirt Disciple
I've read other posts regarding the proper finishing of titanium:

i.e.
1. scotchbrite
2. wipedown with furniture polish
3. enjoy

My question is: do you apply decals after wiping down with furniture polish? Or do you apply decals on the bare metal, then wipe down with polish over the decal?

many thanks in advance!

Scotchbrite
Hot soapy wash
Rinse
WD40 and clean with paper towel (you will be surprised how much dirt lifts)
Dry again
Clean hands
Measure placement aided with low tack tape
Warm frame with hairdrier (depends on the decals...official Litespeed etc are more difficult to apply than just stickers)
Apply
Step back
And enjoy
or
scream at the slightly out of perfectly aligned decal

I used nail polish remover to do the Vit in my sig a month or so ago. Didn't use a hair dryer but frame was in doors in the warm. So far so good apart from slight wonkiness due to hamfisted application.

I need to do this soon too.

What is IPA please?
WD40 can't be a good idea can it? - surely you'd want to degrease the surface?
What's the scoop about using furniture polish on titanium?

Thx!

RadNomad":ei8scptg said:
WD40 can't be a good idea can it? - surely you'd want to degrease the surface?

Thx!

Well, I am only speaking from experience of cleaning umpteen high end ti frames...wd40 removes dirt and is very good at removing sticker residue. You obviously do not just spray it on then pop new stickers on...instead spray on and clean down with paper towel. You will be amazed by how much dirt is lifted from a seemingly clean looking frame.

4. REMOVES: WD-40 Multi-Use Product gets under dirt, grime and grease. Use it to remove gunk from tools, equipment and vehicles. WD-40 Multi-Use Product in liquid form (e.g., gallon) also dissolves adhesives, allowing easy removal of excess bonding material.

Back