marin stinson

thomas

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has got or had any experience with a marin stinson?
I have just picked one up tonight. why???? :facepalm:

Its a 1991 stinson with the pink/purple bars, roller stem, and forks. Its gs100 thumbies levers canties with gs100 biopace running gear. Its still has the original foam grips in good nic too.

Im guessing there wasnt many of these sold, as city bikes wasnt really a hit in 1991. But the way things are now with 700c single speeders. I think this could be a sought after model.

Its a double butted tange frame in zola grey :D :D :D
And its a 17.5 center of bb to center of top tube too.

Anyone know much about these, or have any pics or builds. I would love to see them.

:) :) :)

You won't regret it! the forks wont allow much of a knobbly tyre to be fitted but, go as knobbly as you can get for off-road, and whatever you like for road.

so, yes, these bikes can be that versatile. I've got a '95 one on the build and happy to see a smart looking bike on the way. I've swapped out some parts for mtb stuff for toughness but, many other parts are tough enough already as these were hybrid after all

Modern bike fans(ok, no dissin' there, just suggesting some people think bikes were invented in 200:cool: think 700c is new and, 'with it' narrr.....20 years back, although not as rugged looking. ;)

It's probably the most effective bike in your fleet now, enjoy it. :cool:

chaps you are so right. I freaking love this bike. I have spent the whole afternoon tinkering with it and setting it up to suit me. Then decided to go for a burn through town. Its fast quiet and rides a bloody dream. I got home had my tea. Then had a shower and cruised into town on it. Locked it up and went fora pint :cool: in my local weatherspoons :D :D

This is gonna be my hackbike now :shock: But it is rare and awsome.

Westfailure":33apsn90 said:
Enjoy it and let me know if you need any pics of any bits

Could you do me a favour and picture all the graphics. Not the main marin one. Just the forks decals and stem and model(stinson) decals. Cheers for your replys.

I have just added some more pics to the photobucket library if that helps you for now but I will get you a close up of each decal on Monday.

Mark

any luck with close ups on fork decals, stem decals, And head tube mate. Also the stinson decal on top tube :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Been workiNg in Bristol office all week and then got all swept up in the excitement of picking up my new Pine Mountain. Sorry mate.

Back at HQ on Thursday and will get the pics for you then.

Mark

Back