Service of my Manitou Hardtail

surreyfox

Retro Newbie
Hi

My 1993 Manitou Hardtail needs a bit of a service. I really don't have the time to do it. Do you know of anywhere in the Surrey area that may be able to do it, including replacing any parts that may be needed?

I've tried a few regular bike shops and apart from all the "ooh, that's a nice bike" comments, they are unable to perform the full service as they'd struggle to get any relevant parts

I don't see why any bike shop couldn't service your bike. Forks, if retro suspension could be an issue but other than that everything available then is available now (within reason). Pound lane cycles in Epsom has been good to me if that helps.

Are you anywhere near Staines? Peterpoddy on here is my brother and he is a mechanic at a shop there. I can ask him if he could do it for you. (Can't remember name of shop now).

Is it really a basic service you are after or do you know for sure that some parts are shot?

There is nothing on your bike that a shop couldn't service - up to and including manitou forks if they just need a regrease. No lbs worth it's salt should turn away a service. If some parts are shot then get them in the wanted section and eBay before getting your friendly lbs to fit them.

Thanks all

The Manitou 4 forks need a major overhaul so I am sending them away.

Not sure if anything else needs replacing, although I reckon I may be looking at a new front mech.

Back