Advice on fork lockout lever placement/cable run

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Before we start, yes it's a retro bike/fork: pace Air Force fitted to a ti Raleigh tourus (or dynatech). I've had it all together bar the finishing of the cabling for a while, and one thing that's bothering me is the lockout lever cable run for the forks.

I'm running some quite narrow bars (use) and an x-lite stem that lends itself to having the cable run through one of the holes it has through it, which looks quite tidy, part of me thinks the cable run looks messy before it gets to the stem.

I could miss the stem and go over the top, alternatively I could also run it under the bars round the front of the head tube.

What is considered best practice? I'm trying to keep it neat, but also as I've narrow bars, keep the controls useable. Anyone got any advice or pics of how you've done it?

Once I've got this sorted, the rest should follow swiftly, though might need a 36h cd finished mavic rim (possibly 217, no decals so not sure exactly), as the rear has a flat spot the previous owner has tried to resolve and I'm not sure I trust it 100%, though in saying that its for local roads and trails so won't get any abuse).

Cheer

Back