After 6 weeks I've finally finished my Kirk project and I'm really pleased with the results. After the first ride I noticed that the decals I printed up aren't going to last, so I need to toughen them up. I probably didn't let them dry long enough before taking it out for a spin, but they're the right style for the frame.
The bikes a lot lighter and still responsive, despite the frame weight and characteristic Kirk wobble. It will now be used as my show bike and the rebuild on my website will help show other Kirk owners, with damaged bikes, how to repair the common problems.
The total project cost is just under Â£550 as nearly every component has been changed, but it's brought back fond memories of my old one. Simon.
I've always wanted a set of these Amp forks:
This is what it looked like in April:
Kirk Precision '88 - in fluorescent 80s pink
Kona Hahanna '91
for the full Kirk Precision and Kirk Revolution story.
Or look at my other projects at www.haydn-automation.co.uk
for a Millennium Falcon Wall Light, Tron: Bicycle art and video, GTM Libra (kitcar), 1/11th M577 'Aliens' APC (Scratchbuilt) and more.