Broken Syncros Stem Cap - Help Please

Aluminium Ohhh

Retro Guru
I have managed to break my Syncros Cattleprod stem cap, it seemed brittle and has cracked as can be seen in the photos. :facepalm:
Being set on an angle I do not have a replacement, do any of you, or do you know where I might get a cap to fit?

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• Syncros 1.JPG
    Syncros 1.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 831
  • Syncros 2.JPG
    Syncros 2.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 831
  • Syncros 3.JPG
    Syncros 3.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 831
Someone was selling repro plastic ones on here a while ago, can't remember who I'm afraid but the search might reveal all?

Looks like a prime candidate for some rapid prototyping/3D printing...anyone have access?

All the best,

Had a customer years ago who cracked his as well. We didn't have any spares at the time but used a 1.125 cap flat cap and a longer bolt on his 1" stem. Kept him riding while we waited for delivery of the correct cap.

Doubt it as I assume somebody would hsabe gone that route. Last place to have metals was Crc, long gone though.

To be honest though, if you are putting enough force through that top cap to crack it there is something wrong with the setup. Minimal force is needed to load the bearing and everything should be smooth.

There is nothing wrong with the set up, just me and too much time in the gym (I wish), I gave it 1/4 turn too much but it still felt brittle when it went
I will put out a wanted add

If you have any of the large plastic ahead/ritchey style (quite a deep plastic one with sunken bolt) they work quite nicely for fitting it all up. Don't quite look as nice though.
images

Latest posts

Back