Are these Hubs Blue or Turquoise?

Krause

Dirt Disciple
Just curious what you guys think about these CK hubs listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mavic-X317-Disc ... 1114072627

The sale says Blue, and I contacted them and was told the same. But I swear from the pics it seems like they could be Turquoise (Lighting can unfortunately sometimes make the darker normal blue look like their Turquoise if its bright and yellow enough). Wouldn't be the first time a Turquoise CK items was listed on eBay as Blue.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hmmmm

Possibly a cobalt, too light for Persian blue and certainly not ultramarine. Azure perhaps?

They certainly look blue to me, Turquoise always looks washed out to me and these have a depth to the blue ;)

Just figured id ask here, as I've seen Turquoise Chris King items where the pictures made them look darker like:
dsc0242a.jpg

$T2eC16N,!)sE9swmYk2HBRpQQOTJKg~~60_12.JPG

Compared to their Navy (usually just called "Blue"):
$T2eC16VHJFoE9nh6oV)nBQYoYTRKyg~~60_12.JPG

RadNomad":3e9z52qj said:
I probably should of been more specific :p

I know what the color Turquoise is, and that the item in the sale isn't truly "Turquoise" in color.

Chris King had 2 blues, 1 dark navy, and one lighter that they called turquoise, even though it was the same color blue that most every other company simply called "blue". When some talks about a turquoise Chris King part, they are talking about that color (The blue that is not navy), even though its not truly turquoise in color.

Because of that it is often mislabeled in sales, often just referred to as blue, and since this picture looked closer to other other turquoise Chris King items then the cobalt colored navy blue they have, I figured id ask opinions here :D

Back