What can I do with this?

cornholio's RC200

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
What do you think? It appears to have gone right through. I did mean to get it seen to when it was a blemish but with everything that's been going on in my life I've neglected it :oops:

IMGP4093_zpsa37fc990.jpg

File back to metal and spot weld the hole I'd go for. Paint and hopefully not repeat.

Hmm... Just that chainstay. There's a few more specks of rust there but this is by far the worst area. It's probably due to commuting with salt on the roads and not cleaning it. Of course the drive side is ok because of the oil from the chain. Need to get it checked out I suppose.

Just welding it won't address the cancer inside. If the frames worth the expense get a frame builder to fit a new stay, otherwise weighing in for scrap if your only option.

Chopper1192":tiz0aszx said:
Just welding it won't address the cancer inside. If the frames worth the expense get a frame builder to fit a new stay, otherwise weighing in for scrap if your only option.
True, you could also treat the frame if it is not too rotten,

Chopper1192":2xljhszl said:

It's not really worth it but I've had it since it was new and has sentimental value. I could investigate treating it once it's fixed if it's not too bad inside; Frame saver I suppose is the stuff?

Back