Possibly BOTM category?

JSO

Retro Guru
Just throwing this out there for discussion....

Mods should consider another goof BOTM month of Replica's (See Dead-end Specials)

Not like the recent Breezer or C-26, just cheaper frames dressed up as super bikes.

Might be a fun month.

These look like they would be fun to re-create. Builder definitely has a sense of humor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Yeti-Ultim ... 1045wt_959

Some of you may remember his other replica...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1989-Yeti-Ultim ... 1144wt_959

Dont think there would be any negativity or bashing. Just good light hearted fun.
Thoughts?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
legrandefromage":1aef86ce said:
ideal klien and raleigh activator territory

:LOL: Ha!! Love it! :D

Do you think you'd be able to convince one of the more esteemed painter's to do an Activator in nightstorm or mardi gras?

Bet it'd cost ya :D ...and bet the painter would never admit to having done it! ;)

Canuck":3gjiy2o3 said:
Do you think you'd be able to convince one of the more esteemed painter's to do an Activator in nightstorm or mardi gras?

Not too sure about nightstorm or Mardi Gras, but most of the two-tone paintjobs can probably be done with a spraycan.
Same with Dolomite. Hell, plenty of early 90s BSOs came in green, pink and white anyway (which is probably why I automatically think of a BSO whenever someone mentions the word "Klein")

Fake month? Not contentious at all....

Not seen the faux Yeti before, amusing.

heres one I made earlier:

merlin_pubstumper_126.jpg

Nothing wrong with 'Replica' 'Tribute' or just plain 'Fake' builds as long as the owner, as in this case, is totally upfront about it and doesn't try to palm it off as anything other than just that...

...my 'Kili Wot' started out in life as a decent offering from Carrera but as the frame was made by Saracen I felt fully justified in rebadging it as a far superior bike to the original; the build is fully documented on here and as it is definitely a 'keeper' there is no question of 'duplicity' to worry about.

As the saying goes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...:cool:

personally i think it would be funnier if some one got a real Klein/yeti etc and painted it like an activator and hung 200gs on it!

:twisted: :twisted:

A friend has just bought this Funk frame with the team america paintjob and sold as a Scott
dsc0163bn.jpg

He has removed the Scott decal…
:LOL:

Canuck":ohmuss3n said:
legrandefromage":ohmuss3n said:
ideal klien and raleigh activator territory

:LOL: Ha!! Love it! :D

Bet it'd cost ya :D ...and bet the painter would never admit to having done it! ;)

:)

I've always planned a Fat Chance green on one side / blue on the other paint job on my activator, I've just never got round to it!

Back