Rear disc adaptors

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
urrrgghhh. Drilling through your rear drop outs sounds iffy enough. No mention of a drill template or nylock fittings that avoid fouling the spokes/hub. I noticed one of the pictures shows a slot rather than just a hole - cant imagine the average DIY'er managing that with their black and decker.

One for experimentalists only me thinks.

secret_squirrel":18pbjt88 said:
urrrgghhh. Drilling through your rear drop outs sounds iffy enough. No mention of a drill template or nylock fittings that avoid fouling the spokes/hub. I noticed one of the pictures shows a slot rather than just a hole - cant imagine the average DIY'er managing that with their black and decker.

One for experimentalists only me thinks.

I was gonna chuck one on an old pre-dented Zaskar. I'll let you know.....

Must admit to being a fan of the hope system. Granted youre stuck with a C2 which isnt maybe ideal for todays riding speeds/styles, unless of course you pick up the IS mount version and i saw one of those sell a couple of weeks ago for about 35 inc posting(ebay) mine cost me similar(not for sale srry)
The other plus is its a hope hub/wheel so the quality is there also.

Skips off to hunt out a couple of example pics................................................

Fook no! I used and old (but new at the time) A2Z disc adapter with just the one hole into my frame

dsc01224_125.jpg

The rear drop-outs on the earlier zaskars are thick and wide (just like me) so the hole wasnt an issue.

file.php

No2- and IS mounts :D Helpful ?

Attachments

• disc mount 001 (Large) (Small).JPG
    disc mount 001 (Large) (Small).JPG
    45 KB · Views: 541
  • sony_md_036_199.jpg
    sony_md_036_199.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 541
  • disc mount 004 (Large) (Small) (2).JPG
    disc mount 004 (Large) (Small) (2).JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 540
To be perfectly honest there's not an awful lot of difference between one of those and any mount you buy to fit calipers for different size disks...

...the issue is with the lack of bracing for the frame against the torsional forces involved in using a disk brake; hence the torque arm with the A2Z that transfers the torsional force to the brake boss/seatstay which the frame is designed for.

Back