Panaracer - SMOKE / DART - Tyres... Where to Buy?

shutter

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi... soo... I'm looking to get some amberwall tires for a couple of my bikes... here's my questions...

Can I use Smoke on front and rear?

Can I use Dart on front and rear?

Should I be mixing one of each for proper riding? Or does it depend... if so on what?

I have found a source of each but both from different places... so shipping is over the top...

Does anyone know where I can get both Smoke and Dart Amberwall online?? somewhere that has both in stock?? Thanks!!

Smoke is a front or rear tyre, I currently run them as both...and have done in ye oldie days.

the dart was released some time after the smoke (like a year maybe) and is a front tyre (i'm sure someone out there has used it on the rear, but it is supposed to be a front tyre).

there was some guy on here who bought a pile of amber smokes and put them up for sale in a sale area...
But i think the only online place is some place in germany.

Personally I'll run a smoke all day long front or rear (especially the smoke light on the rear, wish they still made that) but the dart, I'll run anything OTHER than that, hate that one, there crappy...2.1, 2.2 didn't matter, they sucked. IMHO.

Smoke both front and read fine.

Dart is a front tyre, never well rated.

Used to run 1.95's on my Giant Cadex - best tyre ever in my opinion, unless you are a fatty, then you'll need to go bigger ;)

Indeed smoke compe lite front and back for the win..... pie-aholics or just aged fatties like me need to think of themselves as still slim.

The Dart is great in the muck and slop of an English winter but in Summer the hard edged knobbles tend to catch on everything and pull the steering...but in the muck ahhhh just point it and close your eyes :D
Smoke front or rear just like the Ritchey Zmax a great tyre.

T'boo Ted":71xwq9aj said:
there was some guy on here who bought a pile of amber smokes and put them up for sale in a sale area...

Think that was me. My LBS has a pile of them left and seemed glad to shift them on. LBS only wanted £10ea for them, so they went for that plus postage. Afraid they're all sold out now :(

EarlofBarnet":3s8oaqto said:
T'boo Ted":3s8oaqto said:

Think that was me. My LBS has a pile of them left and seemed glad to shift them on. LBS only wanted £10ea for them, so they went for that plus postage. Afraid they're all sold out now :(

Bloody hell. What a bargain!

Hi check out Jon on retro bikes

As he is selling smokes and is looking to order some darts if he gets enough interest!

Hope this helps :D

Dazabike":v873aukh said:
Hi check out Jon on retro bikes

As he is selling smokes and is looking to order some darts if he gets enough interest!

Hope this helps :D

Sadly, the minimum order on this thread is 200 so unlikely to happen!

Back