Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:21 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
I've bought my retrobikes occasionally into the LBS mainly 'cus however hard I try I canny do front mechs :roll: I do try they just never go onto all three rings. Yet the LBS act so surprised when I say it's XT as if XT only existed in the last year :shock:

Why are so few LBS's sensitive to older bikes?

Aliuson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:33 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 5644
Location: Gorleston-on-sea (If there is a bright center to the universe this is place furthest from it
Because most of them are occupied by snot nosed little punks that have hardly started shaving and if it isn't this months product it is worthless :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am not bitter, really, honestly :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:38 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
kermitgreenkona88 wrote:
Because most of them are occupied by snot nosed little punks that have hardly started shaving and if it isn't this months product it is worthless :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am not bitter, really, honestly :wink:


Like phones "if yer ain't got what's in it's not worth shit" :D

It's certainly feels like that, but I got what's in, on here, unless your Chopper, cus I have pre '98 Oranges :D Just joking Chopper :lol:

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:42 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 am
Posts: 503
Location: Leamington, UK
I went in lbs last week to ask for an italian thread bottom bracket. "Do you mean Campagnolo?"

No, I mean italian thread.

Needless to say they didn't have one. They had plenty of overpriced bottle cages though.

All bike shop owners should be forced to study sheldon brown's site, much like London cabbies have to do the knowledge.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:47 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
If you consider how few members actually vote for the BoTM that'll give you some idea of why you already know the answer to your own question... :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:49 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
Saying what I've said, some time ago I was rebuilding my son't youthbike to sell so he could buy his first XBox, OK it was a road bike, but I asked Halfords for a 10 speed Ulergra mech. The chap said there is no such company as Ultegra and no one makes 10 speeds :roll: some of them no NOTHING about ANYTHING!

But back to it I don't understand why I've answered my own question judging but who votes for BOTM?

Alison


Last edited by Alison on Fri May 31, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 10:52 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
We_are_Stevo wrote:
If you consider how few members actually vote for the BoTM that'll give you some idea of why you already know the answer to your own question... :wink:


I vote for BOTM, I love seeing what I wish to put in myself, missing why that answers my question over LBS's though :?:

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
Isaac_AG wrote:
We_are_Stevo wrote:
If you consider how few members actually vote for the BoTM that'll give you some idea of why you already know the answer to your own question... :wink:


I vote for BOTM, I love seeing what I wish to put in myself, missing why that answers my question over LBS's though :?:

Alison


...because there's so few of us, and we very rarely give the LBS much business, so why should they know/care?

Though considering how few we are we certainly seem to have a disproportionate amount of fun at Mayhem compared to everyone else... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:07 pm 
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
Karma Queen / Cake Meisterin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:02 pm
Posts: 6736
Location: North Yorkshire
We_are_Stevo wrote:
Isaac_AG wrote:
We_are_Stevo wrote:
If you consider how few members actually vote for the BoTM that'll give you some idea of why you already know the answer to your own question... :wink:


I vote for BOTM, I love seeing what I wish to put in myself, missing why that answers my question over LBS's though :?:

Alison


...because there's so few of us, and we very rarely give the LBS much business, so why should they know/care?

Though considering how few we are we certainly seem to have a disproportionate amount of fun at Mayhem compared to everyone else... :lol:


I would love to go to Mayhem kind of events, just embarrassed to show myself, ah well those very few who have seen me know what I mean OK two who've collected things :oops:

Alison


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:11 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:10 am
Posts: 4756
Location: Heathfield, East Sussex
FFS! If I can go anyone can!

Get your *rse over and just enjoy the camaraderie, you'll love it...8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], boswell, Minifreak, rc200ti, retrobikeguy, The History Man, Thias and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group