Do bike shops have any idea about retrobikes?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've bought my retrobikes occasionally into the LBS mainly 'cus however hard I try I canny do front mechs :roll: I do try they just never go onto all three rings. Yet the LBS act so surprised when I say it's XT as if XT only existed in the last year :shock:

Why are so few LBS's sensitive to older bikes?

Aliuson

Because most of them are occupied by snot nosed little punks that have hardly started shaving and if it isn't this months product it is worthless :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am not bitter, really, honestly ;)

kermitgreenkona88":129yvlai said:
Because most of them are occupied by snot nosed little punks that have hardly started shaving and if it isn't this months product it is worthless :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am not bitter, really, honestly ;)

Like phones "if yer ain't got what's in it's not worth shit" :D

It's certainly feels like that, but I got what's in, on here, unless your Chopper, cus I have pre '98 Oranges :D Just joking Chopper :LOL:

Alison

I went in lbs last week to ask for an italian thread bottom bracket. "Do you mean Campagnolo?"

No, I mean italian thread.

Needless to say they didn't have one. They had plenty of overpriced bottle cages though.

All bike shop owners should be forced to study sheldon brown's site, much like London cabbies have to do the knowledge.

If you consider how few members actually vote for the BoTM that'll give you some idea of why you already know the answer to your own question... ;)

Saying what I've said, some time ago I was rebuilding my son't youthbike to sell so he could buy his first XBox, OK it was a road bike, but I asked Halfords for a 10 speed Ulergra mech. The chap said there is no such company as Ultegra and no one makes 10 speeds :roll: some of them no NOTHING about ANYTHING!

But back to it I don't understand why I've answered my own question judging but who votes for BOTM?

Alison

We_are_Stevo":2p45eree said:
If you consider how few members actually vote for the BoTM that'll give you some idea of why you already know the answer to your own question... ;)

I vote for BOTM, I love seeing what I wish to put in myself, missing why that answers my question over LBS's though :?:

Alison

Isaac_AG":25raupnu said:
We_are_Stevo":25raupnu said:

I vote for BOTM, I love seeing what I wish to put in myself, missing why that answers my question over LBS's though :?:

Alison

...because there's so few of us, and we very rarely give the LBS much business, so why should they know/care?

Though considering how few we are we certainly seem to have a disproportionate amount of fun at Mayhem compared to everyone else... :LOL:

We_are_Stevo":1vl2r99c said:
Isaac_AG":1vl2r99c said:
We_are_Stevo":1vl2r99c said:

Alison

...because there's so few of us, and we very rarely give the LBS much business, so why should they know/care?

Though considering how few we are we certainly seem to have a disproportionate amount of fun at Mayhem compared to everyone else... :LOL:

I would love to go to Mayhem kind of events, just embarrassed to show myself, ah well those very few who have seen me know what I mean OK two who've collected things :oops:

Alison

Back