Kona muni mula

rayrayy

Dirt Disciple
Hi I've put my orange p7 project on hold for a while .uve started a new project it's a kona muni mula .ive started stripping the paint from the underside if the frame just to see how easy it comes off.im using the new nitromours.i don't think it's very good.anyway I've never done a full retro restore .ive no idea what parts to get .i would like to try and keep it standard.but I don't have any parts apart from the frame.any ideas off stock parts I need would be nice.

If you want to do it as the original catalogue, have a look in the 'Gallery & Archive' section.

Personally I would ignore the catalogue as any commercial product has cost-saving compromises: do it in the colour you want and with the bits you like.

As you are going to repaint, get your painter to strip and blast the frame. It's much better done immediately before painting anyway, as it minimises the chance of the surface getting contaminated. Konas were powdercoated from around 1998, so the stuff is hard to remove with any chemical stripper.

Hi thanks for a speedy reply I was going to strip it down to bare and polish it up.was really thinking of repaiting.but if I did I've no idea if I should go for a modern colour are a old school colour .the original colour is green.ive no idea of size of stem.what forks would fit.seatpost,brakes.the list goes on.

Seatpost 27.0 usually, 1 1/8 headset. the spec list will tell you the fork travel and stem length, which is a good starting point.
If you go for a longer travel fork, take half the increase off the stem length as a rule of thumb. Don't do anything daft like 160mm forks of course, as it will handle like a wheelbarrow.

Back