Bike Buying Frustration

Bullpup

Senior Retro Guru
Why is it that the bike or indeed parts that you really really want are always at the other end of the Country and the seller won't post?

Choppers first law of Retrobike inter-commerce perversity;

"The desirability of of Retrobike offered for sale will be inversely proportional to the observers physical distance from the bike, and the observers availability to drive down and collect it"

Try being on the other side of the planet :(

I feel your pain my fine retrobike addict, best idea is to post "Help needed picking bike up from ........." in this forum, everyone here is pretty easy going and happy to help a fellow junky :D

good luck mate

Yep,l other side of the planet form both the UK and the USA is a pain...
what is worse is when you are looking for something, and nothing. Nowhere. SO you reallocate the funds to something else, then suddenly what you were looking for pops up, and more than one. Its now the most common thing out there

just as an observation, there seems very little in the way of "forum relays" on here compared to the old land rover sites I frequent. I appreciate landy bits are generally bigger, but I've bought various bits and helped with relays but on here you just don't get the requests.

As example guy up in midlands wanted some springs that were in Southampton. I was going to be there so offered to pick them up and bring further north but still in Hampshire. Another guy picked them up from me one evening when at welding classes in Basingstoke and dropped off in Reading, etc. Took a bit of arranging but springs were quite specific and pretty unpostable. The karma spreads itself around. I got an old tilt via relay, the alternative was £££ for a new one.

Would have thought made sense particularly complete bikes, frames and wheels.

i love the relay system. even if it's not yours, you feel good for helping!
in fact, i have some wheels being picked up tomorrow by a member on here.....someone i've never met....love it! :cool:

Drove from Manchester to Devon and back the other day to look at something, 12 hours driving with an hour stationary on the motorway while a helicopter landed to remove an accident victim.
Not bikes, but bike related!

Back