Which Forks for my Orange Ti Frame?

jitensha

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've had this lying around forkless for a few months now.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... +ti+vit+t2
My intention is to build it up as a singlespeed initially. I have really been struggling to find a fork that I like. I'm undecided as to whether to go rigid or get me some suspension.

I'm always on the lookout for some F7s and I will go with the rigid option if I do ever manage to luck out and snag me a decent pair but to be honest I would prefer to stick some suspension forks on the front as all my other bikes are fully rigid. The problem is I have no idea what is good...

I think the RC35 and 36s look great but I'm always dead worried about the hardiness of them. I'd also be fine with some modern forks but of course the geometry has to be right. I'll be running Vs so will need canti bosses. Would prefer not to have a disc tab on but if it's unavoidable I wont be too fussed.

Basically I'm after something that is reasonably light and works well. Looks/colour come second but I wont be happy with something really scabby. I have a budget max of £150 ish for the right fork.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me??

You'll struggle to find many modern forks that will fit, as it's 99.9% certain to have a 1" headtube.
It really depends if you want to run with a threaded headset or not, and if you deffo want suspension.
I like the Orange F7 forks, but they only ever seem to come up for sale with threaded steerers.
Good luck with the hunt!

Yep, it does have a 1" headtube. I like the F7 fork too. It's been a bit of a struggle trying to find a fork tbh.

the vit t2 came with either the f7 fork, the f14(?) aluminium fork or there was an upgrade option of pace rc30 or rc35.

i went for the rc30 option on my build, rides lovely.

Attachments

• Orange vitamin T2.jpg
    Orange vitamin T2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 651
Thanks for the link. I was after the F7s from that thread earlier. Didn't realise there were alu forks available too. I may indeed give them a whirl if they're not sold. As an aside, does anyone know why my frame has the blue decals? all the others I've seen have orange ones.

i have seen the blue decals before, think Ededwards has them on his vit.

have also seen them in black.

Not period but rc31's - I have them on my Vit and the ride compliments the give of the Ti beautifully. More in keeping but a nice colour would be Rc30 mark 3's - the ones with the silvery gray anno that looks like Ti at first look.

Rc30's are easy to find in 1" - RC31 - harder but doable unless you are after the Ti tubed type C's which took me 6 months to find.

I've got a P7 project on the go at the moment, and I'm undecided on forks as I have 2 options.

I've got the set of F7 forks which came with the frame in the nickel colour, 1" threaded, and a nice set of RC35's, also 1" threaded (currently for sale in my FS thread).
If you would like either, it may make my mind up for me!

If you are interested, let me know and I'll sort pics/price for the F7's as well as the RC35's.

Back