Colnago MTB

Stu TB

Retro Newbie
UK MTB rider (weekend warrior) wanting advice. Any body have any knowledge of Colnago MTB's? I have had one for years and recently changed to a new 29er. Anybody know anything about the bike in the image below, any value in such models now as a collectable before i pop it on eBay? Cheers

Attachments

• photo (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    photo (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 646
Welcome to the forum.

Colnago road bikes are pretty desirable items, the mtb's are a bit more of an unknown quantity, especially in the UK.

Frame looks to be made of aluminium; nothing wrong with that, but it's the steel lugged frames that get people more than a little moist.

Value wise, I would PM member Saarf, he is very knowledgeable on matters Colnago.

If you do decide to sell, pop it in the classifieds and let the RB'ers have a look. If no one's interested, then ebay is yer kiddie.

Many of the big named road bike companies tried to make mountain bikes in the '80s and '90s with varying success. The Colnago Master MTB is well regarded, though not particularly expensive in the resell market. I'm sure the Decor is a fine bike with shaped tubes and it looks like they got the geometry right. The kit is a bit underwhelming on yours from what I can see looks like Deore DX, but being Shimano, it most likely works fine...

lewisfoto":1rvqy76x said:
Many of the big named road bike companies tried to make mountain bikes in the '80s and '90s with varying success. The Colnago Master MTB is well regarded, though not particularly expensive in the resell market. I'm sure the Decor is a fine bike with shaped tubes and it looks like they got the geometry right. The kit is a bit underwhelming on yours from what I can see looks like Deore DX, but being Shimano, it most likely works fine...

Tend to agree. Had it been a steel frame it would have been far more desirable. Have you got additional pics / specs? Is that chainstay ripped up with chainsuck?

Looking at the shifters and forks I'd put a year of 1994 on it and assuming it was around a £1k new it's probably worth up to £200 now.

Back