How can I stop?

andreaviola

Retro Guru
how can I be able to stop buying all these vintage bike?
I can not even to get into the garage ... but every time I say to myself ... "this is an opportunity that I can not lose ... but it will be the last time ...." and then instead I do again! :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I've had an epiphany myself of late. Apart from my forthcoming Pashley Guvnor, I'm not planning on any further bikes and will concentrate on finishing restoring/building what I've got and then 're-evaluate my position.

On a more practical and personal level, my wife has MS and may have to give up work soon. If the happens then our income will drop - not bad, but I won't be able to afford fripperies like 5 cars between the 2 of us (her Disco, my 4007, my 107 turbo, and my 2 x 405s awaiting attention), so I'll probably sell the lot and buy our last ever car, either another Disco or possibly a Land Bruiser, save a fortune on insurance, tax etc.

We won't starve, and in general our lifestyle won't suffer, but I'm going to have to rationalise, be more sensible about acquiring bikes, cars etc that I have little realistic prospect of ever riding/driving :(

Concentrate on riding them. You will soon find that there are some that you never ride.After a while sell those to perfect the condition of the ones that you use. You should end up with a few pristine classics.Now compare everything that you take a fancy to to the ones you have and you will realise that they wont come anywhere near what you have already got. Also keep a beater so you have something cheap to tinker with if the urge gets too much
Job done
Regards
Peter

let me know when you have the answer. I seem to have acquired 5 this week :oops: I am unemployed, so this is a bad addiction! Would have bought another if it had been the size up :oops:

I do ride at least once a week

glad Im not the only one suffering from this problem. I see cheap bikes and I want them. only 3 in the last week so not too bad :LOL:

but yeah I think later on when they're fixed and useable I will keep the ones I want and sell the others. of course that then opens up the door for a bike I really want.

'its a conspiracy I tells ya'

I am building up the DMR and then leaving it at that this year, I've had a couple of great years of restoring bikes but I've been guilty of not riding enough so that's what I'm trying to do this year.

It does help I've got my dream bike now to be honest - I can't think of anything I'd want now. I'll probably get some nicer bling components for the bikes I have if I see anything.

Back