Vit T or not Vit T that is the....

emjay

Gold Trader
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the difference between the vit t and the vit t2?.

The main difference is that the Vit T2 has wishbone seatstays.
Vit T2s were all 1 inch headtubes as well, whereas some, if not all, Vit Ts have 1.125 inch headtubes.

iveto1983":21wc5o75 said:
Vit T2s were all 1 inch headtubes as well, whereas some, if not all, Vit Ts have 1.125 inch headtubes.
As far as I know, only four Vit T's were ever made with a 1.125" headtube.

stevet1":2rl7up7y said:
iveto1983":2rl7up7y said:
As far as I know, only four Vit T's were ever made with a 1.125" headtube.

I believe that may be an underestimate. I know it came on a thread from Michael Bonney but since at least 2 have turned up here it makes me wonder if there are a few more.

FYI the Vit T in my sig is the other one. Brocklanders/orange71's was the first

They were also made by different people - Apro I think for the T and Sandvik for the T2.

makster":1r9jfxmf said:
I'm sure that there's at least one Vit T2 on here with a 1 1/8" headtube too

most of the vit t2's were 1", i too have seen a few that are 1 1/8, this sort of thing happened alot with orange, back in the day they weren't selling huge numbers so ordered various frames in batches, sometime the 1st batch was different in some way to the second batch, usually only small differences, stickers etc but when i was selling them more recently it was still happening here and there.

also, is there ant proof that vit t2's were sandvik made, as far as i knew they were all made in taiwan. (i'd be happy if it was as i have a vit t2 but i don't think they were)

i know the new vit t, the 2009 (?) model was Lynskey made.

here's some detail pics of my T2, the frame number to me suggests taiwan made and the rest of the details look, well not perfect enough (i think) to be sandvik made.

still rides nice though.

Attachments

• vt2.1.jpg
    vt2.1.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 311
  • vt2.2.jpg
    vt2.2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 311
  • vt2.3.jpg
    vt2.3.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 311
  • vt2.4.jpg
    vt2.4.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 311
  • vt2.5.jpg
    vt2.5.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 311
  • vt2.6.jpg
    vt2.6.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 311
jonnyboy666":3gq6i712 said:
makster":3gq6i712 said:
I'm sure that there's at least one Vit T2 on here with a 1 1/8" headtube too
also, is there ant proof that vit t2's were sandvik made, as far as i knew they were all made in taiwan. (i'd be happy if it was as i have a vit t2 but i don't think they were)

I was quoting something I read about Vit 2's and Sandvik - no proof myself and the thread has run away and hid :D

Seem to recall it was an extensive drop out / welds / chainstay caps type comparison.

Back