Would it be frowned upon if....

misteroo

Retrobike Rider
Kona Fan
I ditch the M550 cantis and M060 intergrated levers and shifters on my 1990 Marin Eldridge and replace with M739 levers with M600 V brakes and also M732 thumb shifters...or will Johnnyboy shout at me???

The intergrated levers are just aweful to use!!!!

This one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=248592

Your thoughts....

:?

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LOL:

actually, i must be getting through with the canti hanger rule if you felt you had to ask!!! :LOL:

Catalogue builders v Hot Rodders...

(says in droning voice) "actually in the second half of 1992 Marin switched chain suppliers for the Eldridge to Tah Cheng and I couldn't help but notice that the date code of your frame is for September. So a KMC chain is wrong." :roll:

Provided you ride it, then it doesn't matter. The critics will never notice as they will be in their garages polishing their bikes. Taking them out risks UV damage to the paintwork. :facepalm:

Feel free to change whatever you want, but keep in mind that it won't make the bike fast enough to outrun our bullets.

:LOL:

If the brakes are awful enough to make you ride the bike less, IMO thy need to be changed. Just make sure you keep the originals, in case you ever decide to sell the bike.

How about I give you a set of DX levers so you can use the cantilevers and the XT thumbies... Then you'll be frown free.

Back