The pleasure of just tinkering!

azaro

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Got in from work and decided against the gym.
Got some fresh coffee on the go, opened the garage door (the sun actually came out for a while!) and finished off my f-in-law's retirement present - a clockwork I rescued from ebay. Not mint by any means, but streets ahead of what he might have got from Halfords for the same money!
Finishing it gave me an enormous sense of well being. So much so, I even had a spares sort out! Might even have some decent stuff to sell.

As I sat in the man cave giving the bike a clean, my next door neighbour popped his head in and said " You look happy!"
Made me realise how sometimes the simple things in life are the best.
Geoff had better like his present!

:D Was in a warm shed today listening to rain on roof and tinkering with the Marin. Simple pleasures.
Couldn't agree more.

i'm the same with bikes, guitars, cars and rc heli's...i just go to do a small job, get sidetracked and 4 hours has passed.......love it!!

Yes..

I'll just "quickly clean the bike and tweak the brakes" escalates into a strip & grease :facepalm:

Happy with it though

started building a wheel the other evening, not built any for years.
was a rebuild using spokes etc from other wheels, so after lacing it all up and finding the spokes were just to long to work, it was 11.30pm..
i had another set of shorter spokes so pulled it all to bits and rebuilt it again.
by 1.30am it was almost true and round.
then off to bed.
was nice to just have a tinker.

zetecmk2":fxp8tds0 said:
i'm the same with bikes, guitars, cars and rc heli's...i just go to do a small job, get sidetracked and 4 hours has passed.......love it!!

The soundtrack of my weekend " do you know you have been in that garage for 3 hours , you were only ment to be 5 mins "

:LOL:

I used to love going into the shed and tinkering around, now I've frozen everything while I await some money to continue the P7, I may be waiting some time :( And the shed just floods every time it rains.

Boohoo

Alison

Back