Klein - Rock Shox or Girvin?

PACERC250T

Retro Guru
Here's another poll for all you RetroBikers out there...

Thanks to the people who helped me choose what parts to fit in order to finish my PACE; that'll be done once the brakes finally (belatedly) arrive... :roll:

So here's the choice for this week:

I'd finished the Klein Karma rebuild but have come to a cross roads. I'd rebuilt and fitted a set of Rock Shox Judy downhill forks that I really like but have also bought and rebuilt a set of Girvin Cross Link forks in the meantime. The Girvin's were going to go on the early San Andreas I'm building but now think they are possibly too short for the bike now that they're fitted. Therefore I thought that maybe they'd be better suited to the Klein?!

The San Andreas came with a set of Junior T downhill forks that are in amazing 'as new' condition but these forks just aren't me... (even with heavier oil to sort the damping)

What do you think? :? (the Girvin's look a lot different now and have new elastomers from http://www.suspensionforkparts.net/)

Pete :cool:

Attachments

• Klein first ride 1.jpg
    Klein first ride 1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Mine 1.JPG
    Mine 1.JPG
    14.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Mine 2.JPG
    Mine 2.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 176
  • RH Side View retrobike.jpg
    RH Side View retrobike.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Klein first ride 6.jpg
    Klein first ride 6.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 176
Girvin, rebuilt and fresh I would assume. I've never had faith in the longevity of rockshox in real world riding. The dropouts of my quadra's were toast within a year and I've seen nothing but leaking judy cartridges. I prefer Marzocchi, but they don't have the curb appeal of the Girvin's.

Latest posts

Back