Some Ideas on a new project needed.

Logic.Al

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Got an LTS to build for SWMBO. But after that I'm wanting to do something for me.

I'm not sure what to build. I don't like FS bikes. I'd love a Ti frame but I think they'd be a bit out of my price range. Same goes for a Pace frame too.
The first real MTB i rode was an Orange Aluminium O from about 92ish. The first real one I owned was a DBR Axis from 93 in the orange splatter paint.
I have a modern steel hardtail. An On-One 456 which I love. But it doesn't feel like an old School steel frame. But material wise I'm not particularly fussed.

You say that a Ti frame might be out of your price range, but consider a Raleigh Ti frame. The quality is there, but the price tag (usually) isn't ;)

someone has just listed a clockwork frame for 30 quid in the fs section. build a period correct orange and get lusted after by the ladieeess, probably

Logic.Al":3kyiwzd2 said:
Chute55uk":3kyiwzd2 said:
of course i see you have beaten me to it

;) Yep. Have to convice SWMBO to let me buy it though.

No you don't, just have it delivered to me and I'll keep it in my garage. I can then just bring it round to you as a gift :D

If you are hankering after the old school vibe there are indeed Ti bargains out there, but it sounds like you might favour a skinny steel frame? Clockwork?

Excellent choice!

30 quid, tell her she can spend the same on a handbag/shoes/hair delete as appropriate. or get it delivered to work, take it home when shes not there and 'discover' it in the loft a week later.
your welcome

Back