elegant magura line routing

rocketboy2000

Devout Dirtbag
anyone seen any elegant magura line routing methods to the rear brake? everything I see on retro bikes use tie wraps with the lines usually draping all over the place. do they make cable clips for hydro lines?

The only real elegant solution for any hydraulic hose is to drill out the cable stops to allow the hose to pass through. I did this on my old Prestige when I ran Maguras, of course if you ever want to go back to cable brakes then you're screwed (but you can buy adapters for that too).

Currently I use Hope Hose Clips on my Pace (didn't really want to drill the cable stops on that frame!) and they work a treat.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Hope-Hose ... 7675.l2557
$T2eC16RHJIkE9qU3kVqfBRTv2Zfrjw~~60_35.JPG

I also have a couple of M:part stick on cable guides to keep things neat along the side of the top tube, it's quite a distance from one cable stop to another and the hose likes to sag and flap about.
They're VERY sticky (you don't need the little cable ties, they're overkill imo)...
http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/other_frame ... 10896.html
200_cableguides.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
jimo746":1f59l7sy said:
They're VERY sticky (you don't need the little cable ties, they're overkill imo)

The cable ties are to secure the brake hose in the guide, not to hold the guide to the frame tube.

There is one other solution, Which I'm not sure is available as a kit any more. It uses a cable stretched between the top tube stops (a pear end in one and a screw clamp in the other). The Magura hose and cable run through a plastic sleeve, and the cable is then tightened. Obviously you could also tape the hose to the cable, and a home made tensioner using the inside of an electrical termination block would work.

I can also imagine a solid plastic tube, just large enough in diameter to allow the hydraulic hose to run through it, affixed to the frame at just the two ends. the hydraulic hose could move freely inside.

I'm using the stick-on hose guides on my '88 Explosif and they do the job as well as anything, I suppose.
I think that I've got one of the Magura "cable and shrink wrap" things somewhere - I'll have a look..... ;)

Andy R":380x4755 said:
jimo746":380x4755 said:
They're VERY sticky (you don't need the little cable ties, they're overkill imo)

The cable ties are to secure the brake hose in the guide, not to hold the guide to the frame tube.

Yeah, I probably didn't make myself very clear there :oops:

They ARE very sticky, and they hold the brake line quite securely, so I found no need to use the cable ties included :)

Back